or
Enlarge
SeriesFocusrite Clarett

Thread thunderbolt adapter for windows 10

• 2 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 thunderbolt adapter for windows 10
Folks - I'd like to buy the Clarlett 8Pre. I have a new Dell PC that does not have any Thunderbolt ports. It has USB 2.0, 3.0, 3.1 and 3.1 Type C. I have read what Focusrite says about Windows 10 and it seems my best bet is a Thunderbolt to USB 3.0 adapter, which is 80 bucks and marketed to Apple/Mac users. I don't know if an adapter to 3.1 or Type C would work. Anyone out there have any experience with this? Thanks in advance for your reply. Doug
Hi Doug,

Please do NOT purchase this as it will not work. Similarly TB is not like other PCIe cards that can just be fitted to the motherboard as it requires a Thunderbolt Header. The best thing for you to do is to get in touch with your PC manufacturer and ask them which TB PCIe cards are compatible with your Motherboard. Then providing its a TB 1/2 device you will just need to download the drivers from our website and it will work (providing the manufacturer has explicitly stated that the TB expansion is compatible).

NOTE: At present TB 3 is not supported on Windows via an adapter so please bear this in mind, TB 1/2 is fully supported on Windows.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Alex Bull // Focusrite Tech Support
Thanks Alex. I did contact Focusrite by email and got a reply saying the same thing. Thanks for the great service!