or
Create an account

or

Thread Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 Issues (HELP)

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 Issues (HELP)
I recently upgraded my audio setup to a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 Gen 2 USB Audio Interface with a XLR Rode NT1. And I’ve been having a few issues with it. I seem to consistently throughout the day get other users stating that my voice goes robotic and has crackling.

At first I believed it to be an issue with my internet as I’m using both TeamSpeak 3 and Discord when these issues have arisen, but even when I am the only one using my connection with a good ping, I still seem to get this. I’ve recorded audio files when people have said this issue is occurring, and it doesn’t seem to be the microphone or interface itself. I changed back over to my Razer Seiren to see if this issue arose with a different microphone, and had no issues whatsoever.

I contacted Rode, and was told:

The NT1 only outputs an analogue microphone signal, so any 'digital' robotic type sounds are caused by either your interface (Analogue to Digital converter) or internal software settings (digital settings) - it's not possible for the microphone to cause this. The Razer Siren is a USB microphone, which means when you switch over to it you are not only changing the microphone you are using but also the digital audio pathway (you're using the Siren instead of your Focusrite unit).

Has anyone had this issue? Any recommendations or help would be greatly appreciated!
Hi SilasMacca,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your new Scarlett 6i6. We would like to try and help you with this so I suggest opening a support ticket with us directly by navigating to https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new and we can troubleshoot this issue for you and hopefully get it resolved.

Best regards,

Alex Bull // Focusrite Tech Support