Create an account

or

Thread [Getting started] The Importance of Contrast in a Mix

• 4 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 3 followers
1 [Getting started] The Importance of Contrast in a Mix
The Importance of Contrast in a Mix
Today I'll close the brief parenthesis I opened last week. And I'll do that tackling a notion that is crucial when it comes to mixing, namely...

Read the article

This thread was created automatically after the publishing of an article. Feel free to post your comments here!

Nice article here. Talking about the philosophy is more (or even more) important than techniques. Both come and work together as you mentioned with your analogies.

The trick is to think about the goal you wanna reach and why. Then comes the tools you need to achieve it.

However, and this is something you might mention too : it takes time, researches, tests and practice to know how to reach these goals.
As we use to say in froggy land : Rome wasn't build in a day.

Plus, Art is very subjective from one person to another.

Nice job Nantho :)

[ Post last edited on 03/11/2016 at 00:31:49 ]

Quote:
Rome wasn't build in a day.

Glad you liked the article. I agree with you, it takes time to develop an ear for mixing. As with anything, it comes to some people faster than others. I do think the point Nantho makes about contrast is a very important one that anyone learning to mix should take to heart.
Definitely Mike, it takes time and efforts :bravo:
It's a journey within we learn everyday by doing mistakes and good experiences.
EG : like a child who's trying to walk. It's not a win the first time.

I have to admit for my part I'm more interested here with the English version than the Frog one. Especially when I read tons of bullsh.. where everyone is showing off by yelling around : "mine is bigger than yours"... Especially with mastering and loudness.
Thanks Noisy Lingus !

You're absolutely right, learning how to mix is a journey, and a very fascinating one !