ROLI introduces the Seaboard RISE 49, a four-octave model of its Seaboard Rise controller.
Featuring a larger playing surface, the Rise 49 expands the family of Seaboard Rise controllers only four months after the launch of the two-octave RISE 25. The RISE 49 features the tactile silicone surface and the Five Dimensions of Touch from the Rise 25, while its four-octave range makes it a versatile instrument for the stage and the studio.
Offering new capabilities for recording, layering, and editing, the RISE 49 comes bundled with Bitwig 8-Track, the digital audio workstation. Bitwig 8-Track is one of many DAWs compatible with Equator, ROLI's software synthesizer and sound engine. Bitwig is built for Multidimensional Polyphonic Expression (MPE), an emerging category of music hardware and software that includes the Seaboard RISE.
A padded soft case is included with every RISE 49. Wireless and portable, it is designed for making music on the go.
● 49 Keywaves
● 834mmx210mmx25mm/4.2kg(32.8inx 8.3 in x 0.9 in / 9.2 lbs)
● Continuous pedal input (1/4" jack)
● USB 2.0B port (MIDI out and power)
● USB A port (for charging peripherals)
● 9-12V 2A DC port
● Internal rechargeable battery for up to 8 hours of wireless play
● MIDI compatibility over USB and Bluetooth
● OS X 10.8+ / Windows 7+ / iOS
● Intel Core i5 2.5GHz or faster
● 4 GB RAM minimum / 8 GB RAM recommended
● 2 GB available disk space for Equator installation
The Rise 49 will start shipping in late February, but it can already be preordered at www.roli.com. Its retails price is $1199 (£949, €1299).