Add this product to
  • My former gear
  • My current gear
  • My wishlist
Harley Benton Power Plant
Images
1/326
Harley Benton Power Plant

Thread Question on the PowerPlant (or other power supplies)

• 3 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Question on the PowerPlant (or other power supplies)
Just got my first pedal and have a few others I'm considering. Don't want a dedicated supply for each one.

Just wondering if this works well with multiple pedals (considering the low price) i.e. no buzz? Are there any solutions less than a hundred bucks that do a great job across different voltages/pedals/etc. Above all, I don't want any buzz!

What do you guys use?
If one power supply can deliver enough current and the right voltage for every module it should not being a problem.

About hum: that depends on how well the power supply is stabilized.

But keep in mind :
The bigger the power supply the harder it gets to keep the current and voltage stable.
And cost will go up...

If you know someone with the knowledge of electronics you may build it your self.

- Angelie

It's not about what you got to use ....    but how you use what you got...

Quote from angelie:
If one power supply can deliver enough current and the right voltage for every module it should not being a problem.

About hum: that depends on how well the power supply is stabilized.

But keep in mind :
The bigger the power supply the harder it gets to keep the current and voltage stable.
And cost will go up...

If you know someone with the knowledge of electronics you may build it your self.

- Angelie

I know people that are better with electronics than myself. Is it really that easy of a DIY job? have you or anyone else done it before?

And does anyone know of a good, reliable power supply that can successfully deal with a maximum of 6 modules attached, and ideally can deal with pedals that require different levels of voltage?
Well personally not me. I don't use any and if i need them for a client i just keep all the cables and adaptors for granted.

If you want one power supply deliver multiple voltages then cost will go up also.

In that case i personally whould go for one voltage which is slightly higher than the maximum you need and add a " voltage regulator " in ever box /pedal so that the higher voltage is lowered to the voltage the pedal needs. ( it is the cheapest way)

It's not about what you got to use ....    but how you use what you got...