1/172
Yamaha MG82CX

Analog Mixer from Yamaha belonging to the MG CX series

Thread Getting Started

• 4 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 3 followers
1 Getting Started
I want to use a Yamaha MG82CX to record using my PC as an input (Backing Tracks)and sing along using a mic. I want to record to a PC recording programme too. Has anybody done this? Or can anybody help. I can do it but the recording is very bad. Frank
Frankieblue
What mic are you using? do you have an audio interface or are you just using the computer's sound card?
Thanks for the question. I have two good quality mics. A Sure Beta 58A Dynamic and a Roland DR-80C Condenser for 48V Phantom Power. I have an Audio Advantage Roady USB Soundcard which does great, but not with this. My PC has Realtec Audio soundcard built in, quite good spec. Frank..
Frankieblue
Ok, but what sound card are you using to record? and what software?

as for the roadie Usb, isn't that turtle beach? how old is that card?
I use the Roadie and, yes, it it Turtle Beach. I bought it new about 6 months ago but I think it's been superseded now. I have used it for Karaoke and it has been really good. I like it because I can change key with it's software. My system is Win XP Media Centre Edition. I intended to use a Magix Cleaning Lab Program and it works well with the roadie before the Yamaha. I hace Guitar Tracks Pro and Sonar 4 but find them confusing. Frank
Frankieblue