Roland announces the availability of the SYSTEM-500 Complete Set, a complete analog modular synthesizer in Eurorack format.
According to Roland, this fully analog modular synthesizer is inspired by two of the most revered electronic instruments of all time — the SYSTEM-700 and SYSTEM-100M. Made for Eurorack format, the SYSTEM-500 Compete Set is a comprehensive system with multiple oscillators, filters and effects in a versatile, custom case with high-quality patch cables.
The groundbreaking Roland SYSTEM-700 and SYSTEM-100M modular synthesizers are sought after by synthesizer enthusiasts to this day, for their classic tone and flexibility. Used by pioneering musicians on numerous landmark recordings throughout the seventies and eighties, they combined the best of Roland's analog synthesizer technology in powerful modular instruments. With the SYSTEM-500 Complete Set, a modern version of these coveted classics is now easily available.
Designed and built in the U.S., the SYSTEM-500 Complete Set is made to exacting standards, with high-quality components and great attention to detail. It delivers the classic character and playability of a vintage Roland modular synth, but with all the advantages of a modern instrument. The Eurorack format also makes it easy to expand or neatly integrate into an existing modular setup. Its versatile wood and metal case can sit flat or tilt, providing plenty of clean, stable power, and blending in with the classic looks of the SYSTEM-500 modules.
The SYSTEM-500 Complete Set includes:
- the 512 module with two voltage controlled oscillators featuring saw, sine and square waves
- the 521 module with two voltage controlled filters featuring selectable high-pass filters
- the 530 module with two voltage controlled amplifiers, each featuring multiple CV inputs
- the 540 module with two ADSR envelopes and invertible LFO
- the 572 module with classic phase shifter, delay, gate delay and LFO.
More details available at Roland's website.