Create an account

or

Thread Comments about the review: The iPad for Musicians: Present State

• 4 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 3 followers
1 Comments about the review: The iPad for Musicians: Present State
The iPad for Musicians: Present State
Considered a bulky iPhone by its detractors when it was first presented, the iPad has been revolutionizing the market of mobile computing ever since — and our DAWs as a consequence. A good enough reason to take a stand on the issue. Let's start with an overview of Apple's offering.

Read the article

This thread was created automatically after the publishing of an article. Feel free to post your comments here!
Hey, nice review. Well thought out and clear.
Apart from the smaller screen size I really love making music on my ipad2.
I hope Apple can come up with a way of getting different music apps to play together
at the same time, maybe inside another DAW.
Anyone else waiting for ipad5?
Thank you ! I plan to publish some others articles about the iPad : about audio and MIDI hardware first, then about every kind of apps you can use to make music with it (DAW, virtual instruments, utilities, etc.).

Quote:
I hope Apple can come up with a way of getting different music apps to play together
at the same time, maybe inside another DAW.

Actually, you can do that with the Audiobus App : this little piece of software allow you to use several apps together, just like a virtual audio cable. Believe me : it really worth the 5 $ it costs.

Quote:
Anyone else waiting for ipad5?

I am! ;)

And I'm waiting for the iPad Mini 2 too, because I would like to use my apps in the subway and the regular iPad is a too big for that. So I use my iPhone for now, but it's too small and there's a lot of good apps you can't get on it...

Just a question : what are your favorites apps ?

[ Post last edited on 03/23/2013 at 08:55:59 ]

Great article, man!

I hope you won't forget to have a word about Beatmaker 2 and SamplR because these apps are really amazing. I could have buy an iPad juts to use these babies.
Quote:
Great review, man!

Thanks again !

Quote:
I hope you won't forget to have a word about Beatmaker 2 and SamplR because these apps are really amazing. I could have buy an iPad juts to use these babies.

Be sure I won't. ;)