or
Create an account

or

Thread what Do I Need For My Bass Guitar?!?!?!?

• 4 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 1 follower
1 what Do I Need For My Bass Guitar?!?!?!?
I am going to get a Bass Guitar soon. but I don't know what I should buy for my Bass Guitar
Can you please tell me what I need to buy!!!:/
Well, let's see....

Your best bet for an amp would be a small combo amp (30 to 60 watts or so- big enough to play with someone else in a low volume environment). You'll need a strap, too. Picks are optional- most bass players play with their fingers, although some use picks. Some do both depending on what music they're playing.

If you get a combo amp with a line output built in, you can run that to a small mixer and then into the line input on your computer soundcard. You can record your bass that way.

But I'd start with the bass, a small combo amp, a strap, and some lessons.

Good luck!!
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
I want to know about what Amp should i get and what I need to record my bass and Other stuff that I need for my bass like straps, picks,etc.
Not sure exactly what you are asking, Bassgirl. Are you asking what kind of bass to buy, or what kind of amp, or what you need to record your bass? How about some more info- what kind of music, what you want to do, etc.
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
Hey I see you are a beginner bassist so I would suggest a starter pack for your first purchase. Starter packs can be bought for around £120 - £200 that will include everything needed to get start playing the bass guitar.

bass
bass amp
lead
pick
tuner

The link below should be very useful to you.
http://www.howtoplaybass.co.uk/theequipment.html