A-Designs has presented the Reddi V2, a rack-mountable version of their Reddi all-tube DI unit.
A dual-mono-channel, 19-inch, 2U model, the Reddi V2 is said to bring the original Reddi's capacity to "enhance the character of any electrified instrument that runs through it" in a bright red steel chassis with 2 front-panel Neutrik XLR/1/4” combo input jacks, 2 balanced XLR outputs, and 2 1/4” thru-puts. Although said to be inspired by the Ampeg B-15 bass amp, it can of course be used with all sorts of instruments.
Features and specs include:
- All-tube direct box with custom output transformers.
- Frequency range: 20Hz-60kHz.
- Neutrik input connectors, balanced XLR out, and 1/4” thru jack.
- Level control.
- Ground lift.
- Red on/off power indicator.
- Zero-feedback loop design.
- Custom-wound transformers.
- 6NI-P tubes.
- Low-Z, transformer-balanced output.
- Input impedance: 1M ohm
- Gain range: 16dB
- Noise (EIN): -126dB
- Output impedance: 600 ohm
- Maximum level: +22dBu
- Distortion THD: > .08 @ 1kHz
- Power Requirements: 120/230VAC – 42W
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 19” x 3-1/2” x 10-1/2”
- Weight 13 lb. (7.54 kg.)
The Reddi v2 is already available at a $1,295 MSRP. More details at adesignsaudio.com.