or
Create an account

or

Thread Focusrite Saffire 56 - Octopre Dynamic HELP

• 3 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Focusrite Saffire 56 - Octopre Dynamic HELP
Maybe someone can help me with this issue? I have a Focusrite Saffire 56 and a Focusrite Octopre Dynamic mkII. I am not able to get audio out from the Octopre using the Saffire mix control software in this instance: I am trying to route Mic input 2 on the Saffire 56 out through ADAT 1.2 of the Octopre. Here is the way that the interfaces are hooked up:
Saffire 56:
Mic 1-8 XLR in, Line in 1-8 TRS, Analog out 3-10 TRS to Dangerous Music D box, sum 1-8 in, Word clock out to Octopre Word clock input. Optical 1-8 input from Octopre 1-8 output, Optical 1-8 output to Octopre 1-8 input.
Octopre Dynamic:
Mic 1-8 XLR in, Line out 1-8 TRS to patch bay - to live room board, Optical 1-8 out to Saffire 1-8 input, Optical 1-8 input from Saffire 1-8 output. Work clock in from Saffire WC output, WC out to Saffire WC input.

Everything is sync'd, no issues there, I have no real problems other than not being able to route Mic inputs of the Saffire to the line outputs of the Octopre. If the AD/DA button is in the default mode The microphone that is plugged into the Octopre input 2 (ADAT 1.2 input in Saffire mix control) will output to the live room from the line 2 output on the Octopre. If I route Mic input 2 on the Saffire to line out 2 (ADAT1.2) on the Octopre, change the AD/DA mode on the Octopre it is supposed to take the audio coming from optical 1-8 on the Saffire to 1-8 input on the Octopre, and output it to whatever line output I select on the Octopre. Am I missing something simple? Everything else works just fine, I've been using the Saffire 56 and Octopre combination for over three years now without issue. This is the first time that I have tried to patch audio out of the Octopre. I added a Dangerous Music D box to the set up to employ analog summing into my mixes. I used to just take the monitor outputs from the Saffire 56 to a Central station Plus for control room monitoring, and the 3-10 line outputs from the saffire 56 to the mixer in the live room for talent monitoring.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! I tried to look for the problem in the forums but did not find anything. If this is posted in the wrong area of the forums I apologize, I am a newbe here.

Many thanks!
Hi Jimco,

This set up sounds correct to me.

If you could please double check that you are doing the following:

- That you have selected the correct signal to send in Mix Control
- That you are connecting to first optical out of the Saffire
- Connecting to first optical in on Octopre as there's two

If this still isn't working please send me a screenshot of your Mix Control so I can see where you are going wrong.

Best regards,

Alex Bull // Focusrite Technical Support
Thank you Alex for the reply, I will absolutely recheck everything within the next day or so when I get back into the studio and send screen shots if I still get nothing after verifying the connections.

Many Thanks!

Jim
Hey Jim,

No worries - things can get pretty complicated with a set such as yours. Let me know how it goes and I'll be happy to get it all up and running for you.

Best regards,

Alex Bull // Focusrite Technical Support