1/1
Ensoniq KT76

Thread power cord for the KT76

• 3 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 power cord for the KT76

hi!

lost my power cord for the KT76. after moving house, I used another similar plug from a desktop computer. turned it on.... can't select anything - only one voice (KT grand piano)

is it possible the unit was damaged internally in the move, or is the cord the wrong type?

help!
gary

Hey Gary - It's possible that it could be one reason or the other.  I would recommend getting the proper power supply for the keyboard to determine the answer to the problem...I'm a little surprised that you would be able to power it up at all though if it wasn't already the right type of power supply...Definitely check the voltage and mA on both the power supply and the keyboard itself...
thanks. I appreciate the advice. I later turned the the whole unit onto its back, then plugged in and got the rest of its features back. I suspect that there could be something needs checking internally. I may have a go at opening it up and making sure (without trying to 'fix' anything!) that it isn't simply needing a clean out.

Gary
Yeah, if it powered up fully it's definitely not the power supply...Could be any number of things.  I'd just keep an eye on it to see if it happens again...