Pioneer DJ announces a new matte white color version for the HDJ-2000 and HDJ-1500 headphones.
The new color versions offer the same specs as the original versions.
The HDJ-2000-W features include:
- Sound Quality – The headphones feature 38μm (micrometer) diaphragms to deliver bass, 50mm drivers, and a rolled voice coils for a linear output from bass to treble. The HDJ-2000s also use an airtight sewing and damper for the ear pads that are designed to help improve sound quality, especially in the mid-to-high frequency ranges.
- Fit – The ear pads and head pad utilize synthetic protein leather and urethane foam.
- Structure – The main structure and hinges of the headphone are made with magnesium for durability and the headphone plug and connecting cable to the main unit have been designed to withstand the wear-and-tear of continual use. The HDJ-2000s also employ a removable Mini XLR connector for compatibility with audio equipment.
The HDJ-1500-W features include:
- Sound Quality – The headphones feature copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils, 50 mm drivers, rare earth magnets and 38μm-thick diaphragms designed to produce deeper bass notes and delivery of other low to medium frequencies, such as kicks and snares.
- Design – To decrease background noise during monitoring and mixing tracks, the HDJ-1500s feature a sound-isolation chamber as part of its bass reflex port to isolate low and medium frequencies (300 Hz to 1,300 Hz) by as much as 4 decibels compared to the previous HDJ-1000 model, according to Pioneer.
- DJ Use – The moving headband and hinges of the HDJ-1500 are composed of magnesium alloy designed to withstand the rigors of professional use. Additionally, the single-sided cable can be replaced in case of damage.
- Fit – A narrow ear cup design aims at creating a tight seal to block out external sound, while the urethane memory foam ear pads are designed to ensure the HDJ-1500s remain comfortable during prolonged use.
Check out Pioneer DJ for more details.