Pioneer introduced this summer the new version of its DDJ-SX MIDI control surface for DJs, which includes the upcoming Serato DJ features.
The Pioneer DDJ-SX2 MIDI controller has been upgraded in order to control the new features for the Serato Flip expansion pack that will be available via in-app purchase ($29) with the upcoming Serato DJ v1.7 update scheduled in September.
The DDJ-SX2 now includes a Serato Flip section with three Record, Start and Slot buttons that will allow you to record and loop combinations of hot cues on the fly.
Also new on this version, the DDJ-SX2 is feature-ready for Serato DJ DVS.
As for the rest, the controller has the same design and features as the previous version, with two bonus retained from the DDJ-SZ: velocity-sensitive multicolor performance pads and cue point markers from the jog wheels.
- 4-deck DJ controller optimized for Serato DJ
- 4 audio channel and 2 mic channel audio interface
- 2 x 8 velocity-sensitive multicolor performance pads
- 2 aluminium jog wheels
- 3-band EQ and high/low-pass filters
- Crossfader with adjustable curve
- Cue button on each channel
- Sound Color filters on each channel
- Slip mode
- Needle Search feature
- Serato Flip features
- USB 2 port
- 2 RCA CD inputs
- 2 RCA line/phono inputs
- 2 mic inputs (XLR/jack combo and 1/4” jack)
- 2 RCA and XLR Master outputs
- 1/4” jack Booth output
- 2 headphone outputs (1/4” on the front panel and 1/8”)
- Mac and PC compatible
The DDJ-SX2 will the available in October with a price of $999 / 999€. You’ll find more details at pioneerdjusa.com.