As expected, Serato launches today the new update for its Serato DJ mixing software.
Serato DJ v1.7 features two new majors improvements, which have already mentioned in previous news : the Serato Flip and Serato DVS pack extensions, available as an option for $29 and $99 respectively.
Serato Flip allows for creating cue points and automations, which can then be saved and looped. Users can create up to 6 Flips per track.
Serato DVS allows Serato DJ users to add CDJ and turntables to their DVS-compatible DJ setup
Also new in this v1.7 update:
- Support for new controllers: Pioneer DDJ-SX2 and DDJ-WeGO3, Numark NV, Akai Pro FX and Reloop Neon
- Supports bigger sound libraries
- New MIDI Panel that allows for mapping additional software settings, such as Library Scroll, Loop Rolls, Instant Doubles, Loop Shift, along with a new high and low-pass filter combo for each channel and more
- AM Mode that will hide artist and track information in the virtual deck
- Chronologic Cue Points, a feature taken from Scratch Live
- Cue rearrange
- Lower quantize values
- Various improvements and fixes
Here is a demo of Serato Flip: