Universal Audio presents its new line of UAD-2 Satellite USB DSP Accelerators, shipping Q2 2016.
Available in QUAD or OCTO models with a choice of four or eight SHARC processors, UAD-2 Satellite USB DSP Accelerators can also be integrated alongside UAD-2 PCIe cards, UAD-2 Satellite FireWire, and the Apollo Twin USB desktop interface for unparalleled mixing power.
For an immediate out-of-the-box mixing experience, UAD-2 Satellite USB DSP Accelerators are available in Core, Custom, and Ultimate software packages. The Core package includes the Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, while Custom adds a choice of any three additional UAD plug-ins at registration. The Satellite USB OCTO Ultimate is UA’s flagship package, and includes more than 83 UA-developed plug-ins — up to and including UAD software v8.4.
Key features include:
- Possibility to run UAD-powered plug-ins via USB 3 on Windows-based PCs for improved performance at higher sample rates, and reduced plug-in latency versus FireWire
- 4 (QUAD) or 8 (OCTO) SHARC processors provide DSP boost for running large professional mixes
- Access over 90 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, MXR, and more
- Includes Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, featuring:
- Available in Core, Custom, and Ultimate software packages
- Can be combined with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe cards, UAD-2 Satellite FireWire, and Apollo Twin USB desktop interface
- Fan-free construction for quiet operation
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Cubase, Live, and more
Pricing (* indicates the price includes UK 19% VAT):
- QUAD Core - $999 US Street / £946* MSRP
- OCTO Core - $1,499 US Street / £1325* MSRP
- QUAD Custom (pick any 3 UAD plug-ins) - $1,399 US Street / £1419* MSRP
- OCTO Custom (pick any 3 UAD plug-ins) - $1,899 US Street / £1798* MSRP
- OCTO Ultimate 4 (includes 83+ UA-developed plug-ins) - $5,999 US Street / £5680* MSRP
More details at www.uaudio.com.