Images
1/1
Image Line FL Studio 7

Thread FL STUDIO 7 HELP

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 FL STUDIO 7 HELP
Hey guys whassup, please assist me with this trouble that I am having, thanks.

Okay, I just bought a new Toshiba laptop with 1024 RAM and 120 GB Hard Drive-Windows Vista
My old Gateway Laptop had 256 RAM and 40 GB Hard Drive-Windows XP

When running FL Studio 7 on the old one I only got a few underruns in audio and the buffer was set to the default 2048, and only sometimes my playback would stutter, but when making beats I could use many Vsts and generators.

Now, on this new laptop I get all types of crazy stuttering and crackling when I open multiple Vsts with the default audio settings, now I'm wondering, is it the soundcard? because the Gateway's soundcard actually did sound really better (5.1 surround I think) and the new Toshiba's sounds like and old radio.

I've tried all of the Vista tweaks for high performance, but I still get the bad audio buffering problem.
What I'm asking you guys is, instead of using the Toshiba's soundcard, would getting the M-Audio Fast Track Usb Interface help? In other words, just setting the FL output to the M-Audio Interface instead of my soundcard and essentially using the M-Audio as a soundcard?

BASICALLY, IS IT MY SOUNDCARD OR IS IT THAT MY COMPUTER CAN'T HANDLE EVERYTHING?? SHOULD I INSTALL XP ON MY NEW TOSHIBA TO MAKE IT HOW MY GATEWAY WAS?? THANKS GUYS.
vst performance depends on:
1) your cpu
2) your ASIO buffer settings

start by checking your buffer and try a higher setting, so that your cpu can breath a bit more.
if your buffer is at max, then its your pc that can't keep up.
keep in mind that a high buffer means also a bigger latency.

setting the buffer changes from a soundcard to another. consult the soundcard's manual first.