1/33
Reason Studios Reason 4

Thread Having trouble playing a second instrument

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Having trouble playing a second instrument
Hi,

I am having a basic problem where I am able to record and play one instrument, but when I create a second instrument, I cannot hear it when I push the keyboard keys. I also cannot record using the second instrument, or at least it shows that the notes are being recorded, but, not being able to hear the sounds, it is pointless trying to play the keyboard.

My question is: How do you select the second instrument so that it plays out loud? I have tried clicking on the second instrument on the rack, and cannot figure out how to hear the second instrument that I have created. It must be a simple fix, but I have no idea.

--Thanks--
In Reason 6 (I don't recall if it's different with Reason 4), you make an instrument active — and able to respond to your MIDI keyboard — by selecting it in the sequencer. So if you want to play the second instrument from your keyboard, select it first. If that doesn't work for you, you should probably contact Propellerhead support. Good luck! https://www.propellerheads.se/support/contact/