Songs
User reviews

Thread How to create violin & piano sounds that don't sound to 'classical'

• 8 replies
  • 8 participants
  • 9 followers
1 How to create violin & piano sounds that don't sound to 'classical'
Hi guys,

I was wondering how to create violin & piano sounds that don't sound to 'classical', for example the violins that Chris Lake uses in his track 'Alone' or the piano that Milk & Sugar use in their track 'Stay Around'. Can anyone tell me what VST I could use, or what presets I should use? Thanx in advance!

[ Post last edited on 12/23/2009 at 04:42:50 ]

sometimes it is in the processing, using chorus and phasers etc.
Ok thanx, I will try this.
Or you can also layer them with non-conventional sound, like pads or "blips" .
best
fred
www.myspace.com/concepte25
Hey Enrique1981 - Are you trying to make something from scratch? Or do you want a recommendation for a virtual instrument that will get the job done?  Like the previous posters said, processing and layering are both great ways to help achieve this, but I'd also recommend using EQ and effects like reverb and delay to help achieve this...I'm not familiar with the artists that you mentioned? What kind of music is it?
Using equalizers is always good. I always loved the sound from a piano with all the bass gone...You can also add another instrument/sound on the exact same tunes,"dub" it. Masking the clean violin with a synthetic one,i.e.

i agree with these tips - try just added a cool delay and some flangers and such, because lets face it, the only difference between a violin 200 years ago and a violin now is that we can now process it to sound completely different!

Sounds interesting. Can't believe I haven't thought of trying something new with my piano. Thanks for you guys' suggestions.

Hire Java Developer: http://softwareoutsourcing.biz/dedicated-developer/java-developer.html

[ Post last edited on 08/26/2010 at 01:58:03 ]

What kind of VST are you using? There are plenty of soundfonts out there but a majority of them all sound shitty. Look up PHILHARMONIK. It will blow you away with some of them sounds on there.

GOOD LUCK!!!

-Nova-

www.BeatsByNova.com

-NOVA-                  

www.BeatsByNova.com

"Invest In YOUR Sound"