After two months of teasing, the 7th version of the Cycling’74 Max modular environment for Mac and Windows is finally released.
Max 7 adds many new features for all the software areas (workflow, modular section, audio, Gen programming environment and all these little details that make the difference) in a brand new graphic interface.
- New file explorer with Collection, search and tag support
- Added Snippets to reuse elements of a patch
- Toolbar customization and color code
- Reopen the latest project in use and restore edits in a patcher is case of software crash
- Real time pitch shifter and time stretcher for the Max objects that play audio
- Global tempo sync
- Real time intonation correction with the “retune” object
- Beap module that emulates the 1v/octave signal standard used on most the analog modular systems
- New modules for Vizzie
- Included Max for Live devices (Pluggo for Live, Pitch Tracker, Dual and Multi Harmonizer, Mono and Multi Vocoder, Autotuna, Microtuna, PitchTime Player, Classic Player, Pitch & Echo…)
- Supports DSP blocks, VST / AU plug-ins and Max for Live devices
- Improved video support
- Added real time effects to 3D graphics
- Various improvements
Max 7 for Mac OS X and Windows is available for $338, you can also rent it for $9.99/month. Upgrade price from any previous version is $149 and a crossgrade for Max for Live or Ableton Live 9 is available for $299. You can also download a trial version from cycling74.com.