Images
1/241
Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP

Thread Comments about the review: A Jewel Called Saffire

• 2 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Comments about the review: A Jewel Called Saffire
The FireWire digital audio interface market is somewhat saturated with products like the M-Audio ProFire610 or the TC Electronic Impact Twin which we already tested here at AudioFanzine — now is the time to pick at Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP...

Read the article

This thread has been created following the publication of an article. Please post your comments about the article in here.
I bought the 24
it is a great unit - dome driver issues, but overall very nice.
60 db pres - which are extremely clean

I didn't read the article again, i have read it, okay let's have another look.
i just had a quick scan.

focusrite - the company and user support has been okay- they respond quickly.

If I had three - 4 bills to do over - I can't imagine getting anything better-
although for about 5 bills you can get a better unit - but again, you may find a 24 plain for 1/2 that. No issues with the manufacturing ( China ).

Just the minor problems with various driver versions.

Yes - I do have one problem. I use a unsupported firewire - a 400/800 card.
Very expensive Ti card, that is not totally supported. I can only run 24/48 max.
Not a deal breaker, but if you insist on running 24/96, I would get something else.
Hi all,

I have a mysterious issue with the Saffire Pro 24 DSP and wondered if anyone could help me resolve it.

For no particular reason, the main outputs of the box are sending out a metronomic pulse. This does not come through the headphone output, only the main outs. I'm in the middle of a session an no settings have been changed. I'm running imac and have checked that the midi clock is set to internal etc.

Any ideas welcome!!

Thanks!

JJ

[ Post last edited on 11/11/2019 at 05:47:02 ]