Add this product to
  • My former gear
  • My current gear
  • My wishlist
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40
Images
1/532
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40

Thread Do i have the correct cable here?

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Do i have the correct cable here?
Hi,
Ive borrowed my mates Focusrite Saffire Pro40. Im using an iMac with Thunderbolt. Since the interface uses Firewire i had to purchase an Apple FW to Thunderbolt adaptor.

I have downloaded the latest mix control software but no matter what i do i can't get my Mac to see the interface hardware. Not real sure where to go from here.

Im using Mojave and have only really just upgraded to that. Starting to wonder if its my Apple adaptor. I have provided a couple happy snaps of said adaptor and Firewire cable.
Is anyone able to see by looking at them if something is not right? Do i have the corrects cable here? Is there a different cable i should had purchased?

Any info would be great.

Cheers,focusrite-saffire-pro-40-2704213.jpeg
focusrite-saffire-pro-40-2704215.jpeg

Deon.
Did you follow all the guidelines of how to connect the Pro 40 to the computer?

BEFORE YOU CONNNECT THE SAFFIRE PRO 40 TO YOUR COMPUTER, PLEASE RUN THE INSTALLER

Connecting your unit(s)
Ensure that the computer is turned OFF
Connect the Saffire to your computer
Attach power supply if necessary
Turn ON your Saffire
Turn ON your computer
Turn ON your monitor speakers

Disconnecting your unit(s)
Shut down Saffire MixControl
Turn OFF your monitor speakers
Turn OFF your computer
Remove power supply if used
Disconnect your Saffire

I can only speak from my experiences. Downloading the user manual is a must on the Pro 40. This device is capable of so much, but only if you know how to maneuver through its webs. If not you get stuck on some of the simple tasks.
Try using the other firewire port on the Pro 40 I know my computer like the 2nd firewire port better, the previous owner must of worn out the 1st port.

[ Post last edited on 08/04/2020 at 00:48:42 ]