Create an account

or

Thread Scarlett 18i20 - Help with understanding output routing

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 1 follower
1 Scarlett 18i20 - Help with understanding output routing
Hi all,

New to the 18i20 and need some help understanding output routing.

I will normally be recording four channels at a time (5-8). I figured out how to get headphone monitoring working and that is working fine.

There are two main things I'm having a hard time figuring out how to accomplish.

1: Master output monitoring in Sony Vegas

I'm using Sony Vegas for my recording. It functions great, and records as it should. I have two stereo audio tracks (3/4 and 5/6) that I'm recording. Levels show in Vegas just fine for the individual tracks, however, I'm not able to see levels in my Master bus, which I would expect to show me the "mixed" output of the two stereo input tracks:

1995819.jpg

I can choose any outputs from 1/2 through 19/20 here, but nothing makes a difference - I'm still not able to use the master output here.

2: Sending mixed output to other applications

Hopefully this makes sense. Ultimately, I want to be able to have my mix of inputs (like I'm heading in my headphones) sent to other applications. For example, I want to send that mix to a live streaming program. I can select the Focusrite in the program I'm using, but similar to the output issue with Vegas above, there is no signal when I do that.

I guess it would be like hearing my main mix through my computer speakers (maybe). Is that possible? Because I would expect there would be a way to get my main mix out to my computer speakers (even though it's far from ideal), but I don't know how to do that.

Hopefully I'm making sense here. Below is what my Focusrite Control settings look like.

1995827.jpg

I'm on a PC with Windows 10, FWIW.

Thanks in advance.