or
Create an account

or

Thread Focusrite 2i2 3rd generation, Skype and 2 audio inputs? How to..?

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 1 follower
1 Focusrite 2i2 3rd generation, Skype and 2 audio inputs? How to..?
I'm really hoping someone can help me with this. Ive spent the entire weekend wrecking my brains to try and get this done.

I know this is a pretty common problem with Skype but hoping to get this sorted.

I teach guitar. Wanting to run my PC audio Guitarpro, Youtube, Backing Tracks etc through Skype as well as my XLR mic running input 1 on Focusrite 2i2.

I found a video which mentioned the output routing using Focusrite Control but checked this and the 2i2 3rd gen - everything (apparently) is done from the front panel?. Also found a video discussing using a line out on the back into input 1 but this was a different FR Model in which output routing could be altered again via Focusrite Control. Tried running an old analog (Carslbro Minimix 8) mixer and got some sound out but quality was awful and volume was very low.

Also tried Voicemeeter Banana. Triedthe XLR mic into Hardware input 1 then Speakers from PC into H/W Input 2 but after that Im lost.:(:oo:

Also meant to mention I downloaded a virtual cable from AB Audio.

Can anyopne point me in the right (and hopefully simplest way) to do this..?

Im currently running a smaller speaker attached to my mic stand through the XLR - which is no use as Im using my phone and there is a pile of audio I need to be playing thats on my PC.

Surely there is a better way of doing this..?

Really appreciate any help with this.

Voicemeeter is quite complicated to use.

So it seems Ive everything there but cant get it going..!!:oo:

Thanks...

James

[ Post last edited on 09/14/2020 at 05:29:47 ]