or
Create an account

or

Thread Routing issue. Outputs 1 and 2 heard on outputs 3 and 4.

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 1 follower
1 Routing issue. Outputs 1 and 2 heard on outputs 3 and 4.
Hello - I am having an issue and have been troubleshooting for a couple of days now so I figured I would give this a try.

I am doing playback on an HBO show. Here is my set up:

Pro tools first on a Mac
Focus Rite 2i4 audio interface
Sound devices mixer

Here is what is happening.

I have four projects with four different songs and corresponding thump tracks in pro tools.

I have the songs set to go out input 1 and 2
And the thump tracks to go out input 3 and 4.

However when I am listening to the songs the thump track is only going to 3 and 4 but the song can be heard on input 123 and 4.

As a work around I just switched it and had the thump track on 1 and 2 and the song on 3 and 4.
Since, when the thump track is playing along side the music it can’t be heard because it’s so low. And when I have to switch to the thump track during filming it is isolated on 1 and 2. But there has to be something that I am doing wrong.

The only difference on the focus rite that outputs 1 and 2 are balanced quarter inch to xlr and the outputs for 3 and 4 are unbalanced rca to xlr. I have tried switching the inputs on my mixer and pro tools and what ever is on the unbalanced outputs on the focus rite is behaving properly. Whatever is on the balanced outputs of 1 and 2 can be heard on all outputs.

The routing on my mixer is not the issue. The routing on pro tools seems simple enough and appears to be set up correctly.

Has anyone seen this before
Any help on how I can troubleshoot this further within pro tools would be much appreciated.

Thanks.