Create an account

or

Thread Issues using Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 to record guitar with Logic Pro

• 1 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 Issues using Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 to record guitar with Logic Pro
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface
Apple Mac Pro (Early 2009 + 5.1 firmware)
macOS 10.13.0 High Sierra
Logic Pro X 10.3.2
Ibanez AR300 Artist Electric Guitar

Hello, I am trying to introduce my old electric guitar into my recording process. I have been using the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 for a month now to monitor my use of Logic Pro X on my Apple Mac and I'm very happy with the results. I've plugged in my old Ibanez today and tried to get Logic Pro X to process the guitar input and to apply some of the Amp modelling and stomp boxes stuff that it has on board. So far, though, I'm not convinced that my 2i2 is doing anything other than acting as a clean amplifier for my guitar. The input levels within Logic Pro X certainly show the audio signal getting through, but I cannot hear any treatment of the sound, regardless of what Library sound settings I select.

I suspect that what is happening is that the audio signal from my guitar is being amplified by the 2i2, and that I probably need to change the monitoring settings with Logic Pro X, but I don't really know. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,
Carl
I've sorted the problem. 'Twas this little I button for Input monitoring. God this sounds amazing, IMNSHO!!

As good as the Logic inbuilt sounds are, I've just launched Guitar Rig 5 into the proceedings. Man alive!!

1999876.png