Cakewalk has announced the SONAR X1dupdate.
All registered SONAR X1 customers can download the free SONAR X1d update at Cakewalk.com in mid-February 2012.
The SONAR X1d update includes the following areas of focus:
- Bug fixes – Various bug fixes based on customer feedback. Complete list of fixes will be available upon release.
- FX Chains update – New “Mod Matrix” feature allows mapping up to four parameters to one knob, and the ability to set control ranges and invert direction. Range control is now graphical, simplifying integration with the new Mod Matrix. The new “Touch Learn” feature speeds mapping of controls.
- Rewire 64 support– 64-bit versions of SONAR X1d will be natively compatible with 64-bit ReWire applications.
- V-Studio 700 enhancements – In addition to specific bug fixes, SONAR X1d deeply integrates with the V-Studio 700 via enhanced ProChannel and FXChain integration.
- Quick Group update– Now provides Quick Group control of virtually every track and bus parameter. Highlights include full ProChannel support and creation, deletion and scrolling of aux sends.
- Keyboard Shortcut improvements – Updates have been applied to existing shortcut controls, and the keyboard shortcuts preference page now includes a search function. In addition, Key Clusters have been updated to include one-touch ProChannel access and quicker access to snap functions.
- Usability and UI improvements – The SONAR X1d update includes usability and interface enhancements. The improvements and enhancements include a Metronome update with beat subdivisions and indented folder tracks in the Track View.
- QuadCurve EQ – SONAR X1 Producer Expanded customers will get an updated ProChannel EQ called QuadCurve EQ. The QuadCurve EQ has a new graph that features labeling and color-coded bands as well as controls that display always visible, embedded values. Existing Gloss EQ modes have been renamed to better describe their function, and a new 4th mode has been added. This new “Hybrid” mode is an asymmetrical, dual-dependency, mode suited for both clinical tasks and tonal shaping.
The SONAR X1d update requires SONARX1c to be installed.