Cockos has released version 5.20 of Reaper, most notably introducing a new MIDI notation editor.
New features, fixes and improvement in this new version include:
- add MIDI notation editor!
- handle most mouse and keyboard insert/edit behaviors identically to existing MIDI editor
- save notation data with project MIDI (notation-specific import/export will come later)
- make @serialize faster and use less memory
- add WigWare Multi-Channel VU Meter
- add midi_delay
- add undo point when renaming source media
- improve handling of zero-length items
- fix heavily-looped, resampled items
- add mouse modifier to select all later notes of same pitch
- add mouse modifier to select all notes in measure (shift+alt+click by default)
- add undo points when using velocity edit actions
...as well as many, many others detailed here.
As usual, this is a free update for Reaper 4 or 5 registered users, while others can get it for the usual $60 (discounted licence) or $225 (commercial licence).
Reaper is a windows (XP+) and Mac OSX (10.5-10.11) DAW available in 32- & 64-bit versions. More details (and demo versions) at this address.