Images
1/15
Digidesign Pro Tools 7 Le

Thread Importing Mp3's doesn't work anymore

• 4 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 3 followers
1 Importing Mp3's doesn't work anymore
I'm working on a project where i'm adding SRX and foley tracks. I have 3 mono audio tracks and 3 stereo audio tracks and before today I've just been able to drag and drop Mp3 and Wav files into my active track and boom they're there. But today when I started working with my file I try to drag something and the Mp3 for instance, doesn't do anything. It won't drop into any active tracks in my project. I have the latest Quicktime player for my OS which I read can be an issue. But the kicker is that if I open up a new file the Mp3's and WAV files drag and drop simply and easily.

I'm afraid it's just a command or preference that has been checked that's not allowing this project to do it anymore. And I have a ton of data in there to just start fresh. Any insight?
Hi Ryanryan82,
This might sound stupid but are you dragging onto an audio track (not instrument/MIDI) ?
Did you try with an empty project ?
Yup they are all audio tracks. My project consists of the movie file, about 6 stereo characters voiceovers. Then my 3 stereo and 3 mono audio tracks. I've been dragging them all week but something must have been clicked somewhere.
I can drag the files with no problem in a new project, but I've so much work invested in this project I was hoping for an easy 'oh you need to hit this button' or something.
Unfortunately I haven't used Pro Tools for ages, there is indeed a MP3 setup in the DAW, but I can't tell you which one.
If it works in a new project, check the setup/preferences and compare to your current projects.
Sorry I can't help you more, I hope you'll get the answer from another user
AVID IS KILLING THE BRAND. THEY SHUT DOWN THE IMPORT FEATURE ON PURPOSE. THEY WANT ALL PRO TOOLS USERS TO USE THEIR "ONLINE STUDIO LINK APP PER PROJECT" IT COST LIKE 50$ PER PROJECT TOO MANY RAPPERS AND OTHER ARTISTS WERE GETTING RICH WITHOUTLEAVING THEIRHOUSE. BY EMAILING TRACKS OR VOCALS ONLINE. AND GETTING PAID VENMO. THEY DONT WANT US TO MAKE MONEY WITHOUT SPENDING AVID IS A TERRIBLE PARENT COMPANY TO DO THIS TO PROTOOLS