Images
1/44
Steinberg Cubase SX 3

Thread Audio and midi cutoff during cubase sx3

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Audio and midi cutoff during cubase sx3
I have a laptop home studio setup, with cubase sx, m-audio 410, proteus 2000 and Windows XP Professional. My memory and processor are good too, but i still have the problems with my audio and midi signals( they both show a signal when I start up cubase (as well as on the actual m-audio), but then both signals cut out after about 1 or 2 minutes. I've checked that cubase is using the right M-Audio ASIO path in the device setup and I also can access the proteus soundbank via the track info on a project( and in midi device manager). i have also disabled my computer's soundcard (sigma tel) in case it is interferring. (hibernate is also disabled) I can't figure out if it's a cubase or a m-audio problem. I have recently done a total recovery of my c drive and re-installed cubase sx and the M-audio driver, but to no avail. (also downloaded latest updates for m-audio driver)

HELP!!! Does anyone have any other ideas as to what the problem might be?

carmfalk
seems like i have the same problem exactly!!
i had this all the time but i use usb midi keyboard so didnt had to fix this till now
that i want to record my microkorg both midi and audio to have the knobs tweeked , and play live and...
im trying changing the buffers and enable disable the direct monitoring...
and waiting for reply from maudio's support email...
i was also thinking of getting a firewire expansion card... maybe it related...