1/78
Steinberg Cubase 6

General Sequencer from Steinberg belonging to the Cubase series

Thread Comments about the review: Cubase SiX

• 2 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Comments about the review: Cubase SiX
While Avid and Cakewalk launched the new versions of their respective flagship sequencers just before Christmas, Steinberg chose NAMM 2011 to present the wistfully awaited version 6 of Cubase. This new version doesn't mess too much with the foundations of the sequencer but rather brings many new features regarding handling and functionality.

Read the article

This thread has been created following the publication of an article. Please post your comments about the article in here.
The cubase 6 update seems expensive for what it offers and I have just noticed at the end of the review that it is only available on windows 7. So basically that leaves all us vista users out in the cold.me personally I don't think I will be running to investing in this upgrade just yet. The most appealing part for me is being able to throw stuff from loopmash into groove agent one.

Cubase 6 works just fine in XP.  They are only SUPPORTING Win7.  As XP is coming to the end of it's life (according to MS), companies like Steinberg pretty much have their hands tied.  It doesn't make any sense for them to support a product that lives on top of a decade old OS that they will no longer be able to get updates for.  Having said that, I can tell you that Cubase 6 runs very stable on an XP system.  Of course if you want to run the 64-bit version, then yeah....you need Win7.