Steinberg announces the availability of a lighter and more affordable edition of its Cubase Pro 8 DAW for Mac OS X and Windows.
Cubase Elements 8 is intended for beginners and low-budget musicians who want to record themselves in home studio.
This new version inherits the latest features, sounds and effects from its big brother, including an improved GUI with VST instrument rack and MediaBay inclusion, revamped track list and inspector as well as a new plug-in manager. You’ll also find the new chord pads, cycle of fifths, HALion Sonic SE 2 and Groove Agent SE 4 with new instruments and drum kits. Steinberg also included the latest improvements brought to ASIO-Guard 2, the EQ module which now displays gain, frequency, and note height for each track, the re-record mode inserted into the transport bar as well as a revised version of the tuner plug-in with a new stroboscopic mode.
- 64 MIDI tracks and 48 audio tracks simultaneously
- Audio resolution up to 24-bit / 192 kHz
- 32-bit floating audio engine
- 44 audio effect processors, including Pitch Correct, MorphFilter and the VST Amp Rack suite for guitar
- HALion Sonic SE 2, Groove Agent SE 4 and Prologue synth included
- MixConsole to mix the tracks with EQ and dynamic processors on each track
- Chord pads
- Music notation functions
- A collection of MIDI construction loops and presets
Cubase Elements 8 is available for 99.99 €, an upgrade from Cubase Elements 6 or 7 can be purchased for the special price of $19.99 € instead of 24.99 € until April 30th. Note that if you purchased Cubase Elements 7 after January 14th, 2015, you benefit from a grace period and can download the upgrade for free. More info at www.steinberg.net.