Create an account

or

Thread JBE Strat pickup orientation in HSH guitar

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 1 follower
1 JBE Strat pickup orientation in HSH guitar
guitars-2966012.jpeg
Guys, I need an expert answer to one question. I have JBE ( Joe Barden) Strat delux pickup in the middle position on my HSH guitar. I found that when you change the orientation ( top/bottom), it changes the sound a lot. In the position where the lead-off wires are released closer to the switches ( the usual orientation for most pickups), it has a very quiet signal, very thin and very ragged dynamics. When approaching the strings ( 2 mm with the strings pressed on the last fret), the speaker becomes unnaturally torn, the sound begins to choke. As soon as I turn it upside down, the picture is completely different. The volume increases three times at the same (2 mm) distance from the strings, even a desire arises. slightly lower lower (2.5-3mm), the speaker is smoother, more familiar Than can be explained, only when placed upside down ( the wire leads stick up, not towards the cavity with potentiometers’ the pickup works normally. JBE didn't really explain anything to me, they just said that the orientation when lead wires look towards the electronics cavity is better for HSH set. . Do I have a faulty pickup? Why is there such a difference in sound? Maybe some other pickups have the same behaviour? Thanks