Create an account

or

Thread Guitar Pick-Up help

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Guitar Pick-Up help
Hi,

I recently purchased a custom Strat-styled guitar. It has two Humbuckers, now the owner couldn't remember whether the Humbuckers are Seymour Duncan or DiMarzio. I am wanting to know whether anyone could be able to tell me which one they are from the image here I have posted with my post.

I don't know much about pulling guitars apart and so didn't want to be taking it apart to find out, so wanted to know if it was possible to identify them by looking at them? Or is there another way they can identified without the need to take the pick-ups apart?

Thank you.guitars-2992009.jpg
Hi. They just look like standard humbuckers. Seymour Duncan and Dimarzio pickups usually have their name on the front of the pickup bobbin. I build guitars in Australia and I buy my humbuckers from several companies in China and Korea. They make clones of all the common branded pickups, for a fraction of the price. Some are good, some ok, some awful. How do they sound? Set up and Pickup Height is REALLY important. The only way you can tell the make is by taking them out. I can advise on set up and/or point you to some websites to help. Attached is a photo of a guitar I have just finished, with Seymour Duncan Pickups fitted. You can see the name on the Pickups.
Cheers, John Dowdall.guitars-2998639.jpg