or
Create an account

or

Thread ASIO driver- Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 - Cubase - Windows - Problems!

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 1 follower
1 ASIO driver- Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 - Cubase - Windows - Problems!
Hi there - please excuse me for a long-winded question...

I am running a PC on Windows 10, using Cubase 8 with a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 interface. I cannot record or play back audio for longer than 5 minutes without getting a 'hiccup' kind-of glitch. I have just uprgaded to my new system from a PC running Windows 7 which had the same problem - I tried everything I could to get rid of the problem (changing buffer size, shutting down background programs, etc etc) and because I was having the same issue playing songs through MusicBee I just assumed it must be the PC (hence my upgrade), but I'm having exactly the same problem now with my new PC.

I tried re-setting MusicBee to play using the WASAPI driver instead of the ASIO, and suddenly had seemingly flawless audio playback! This was great, but of course this won't work with my interface or with Cubase, which requires an ASIO driver.

So, what are my options? I can't believe Steinberg would insist on using ASIO if PCs couldn't deal with it properly - I tried ASIO4all, same problem. Should I look at a different interface? I'd really rather not have to go to a different DAW because I'm very familiar with Cubase after all these years. It's really crappy spending all this money and having things not work as they should - is it really only me??

Anyway, if anyone can shed some light on the subject I'd be very grateful. Thanks in advance for your time.