or
Create an account

or

Thread Using Rednet X2p as vocal booth interface

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 1 follower
1 Using Rednet X2p as vocal booth interface
Hi all, maybe someone can point me in the right direction. We just installed a new studio, using Dante to connect 15 MacPros in a classroom, as well as connect some Yamaha mic input racks, and a vocal booth. The vocal booth is where the X2p is.

The way it is setup, audio from LPX goes to an Apollo interface and out to the audio monitors. Works as expected.
What we’re having trouble with, though, is having the X2p in the vocal booth receive audio from LPX during tracking, or any other time. I’ve taken quite a bit of Dante training, so I do understand the routing (we use Dante Via and Controller, not DVS).

I feel that there’s something fundamental I’m missing in either LPX output preferences or the Via routing. We’ve tried setting to Via 16-track output, stereo out, neither gets sound to the X2p headphone out.

Tried making an aggregate device a while back, combining the Dante output with the Apollo, but that also didn’t work as expected.

The Rednet X2p is definitely recognized on the Dante network; I never see it, though, as a choice in LPX preferences.

I must be thinking of this in the wrong way. Thx for any help!