Lauten Audio introduces the LA-320 large diaphragm vacuum tube vocal microphone, the first in the brand's new "Series Black" line.
Lauten Audio has announced the LA-320 large diaphragm vacuum tube studio condenser vocal microphone, the brand's first microphone in a new line dubbed "Series Black". The LA-320 features a 1-inch pressure gradient true-condenser capsule, cardioid polar pattern, dual-triode vacuum tube, transformer balanced output, independent high and low cut filters, custom dedicated power supply, tube microphone cable, spider shock mount and hard case.
This model is said to have been designed so as to give budding recordists an affordable entry into the world of vacuum tube microphone sound, with high- and low-cut filters aimed solving common problems in home, basement or bedroom recording environments.
The LA-320 features a 1-inch pressure gradient true-condenser capsule and dual-triode vacuum tube, a designed which is described as inspired by what was used in classic German microphones, but in spite of the LA-320's affordability the model is said to feature high quality components often found in much more expensive microphones.
Features & specs include:
- Type: 1-inch dual large diaphragm pressure gradient transducer microphone.
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid
- Circuit: Vacuum tube with transformer balanced output
- Frequency Range: 20Hz-20KHz
- Dynamic Range: 120dB minimum
- Impedance: < 200 ohms
- Max. SPL: 0.5%THD@1000Hz: 130dB
- Self-noise Level: <17dB-A
- Sensitivity: 14mV/Pa (@ 1 kHz, 74dB SPL)
- Special Features: Selectable, independent 120Hz low-cut & 12 kHz high-cut filters
- Connector: 5-pin XLR (PSU to microphone) and 3-pin XLR (PSU to Preamp)
- Power Requirement: Custom power supply (Switchable, 100v to 240v compatible range)
The LA-320 has a MSRP of $799 and an estimated street price of around $499. It will be available from U.S. retailers starting this month, and shall hit the shelves worldwide later this year. More details at www.lautenaudio.com.