If an anonymous owner from Texas hadn’t contacted Gibson in 2008, his 1959 Les Paul Gabby, with unique Burst finish, would have remained unknown.
The Gibson Custom Shop decided to reproduce this one-of-a-kind guitar in its Les Paul Collector’s Choice Series, but only 300 models will be built.
The specifications of the Collector’s Choice #30 1959 Les Paul “Gabby” are the following:
- Figured maple top
- Slightly hand-aged one-piece mahogany body
- Set-in mahogany neck, ’59 shape
- One-piece rosewood fingerboard with 12” radius, 22 frets and aged nitrocellulose trapeze inlays
- Nut width: 1.687”
- Scale length: 24.75”
- Reissue Kluson Green Keys tuners, 12:01 ratio
- 2 Custom Buckers Alnico III pickups
- 2 volume, 2 tone knobs, 3-way pickup selector
- Bumblebee capacitors
- Tune-O-Matic bridge and aluminum Stop Bar tailpiece
- Aged nickel hardware
- Vintage cream pickguard
- Strong Cherry “Appraisal Burst” finish on top aniline dye on the back and sides
- Factory strings: .010 - .046
- Ships in a hardshell with a certificate of authenticity
Pricing of this new collector Les Paul is $9,799. Visit www.gibson.com for full details.