Gibson will now announce each Fall the guitars and basses that will be available in 2015. Here’s what new for 2015.
Details of the 17 new Gibson guitars and bass are still to be communicated but the brand says that 2015 is the Year of Innovation.
First, the Min-Etune automatic tuning system is replaced with the G Force model, which is also developed by Tronical. It should allow for faster tuning and easier use. Gibson adds that the G Tronical will be standard on most of the 2015 models.
Then, the wood selection has been improved, with 10 grades for the top (from C to AAAA), four for the back (High, Low, Medium and Ultra Low/Clear), and three for the fingerboard (Light, Medium and Dark). The body contour will be either Flat, Slight, Classic or Enhanced.
That’s all for the new features (for now), we hope there will be more to say when Gibson posts the specifications of each model (any new pickup to come?).
Speaking of instruments, here’s the list of the 2015 series, along with the MSRP:
- Les Paul Junior Single Cut : $899
- Les Paul Special Double Cutaway with a second P-90 pickup and enhanced neck joint: $1099
- LPM : the Carved Top model for $1149
- Les Paul Studio with coil tap: $1229
- Les Paul Less Plus : a thinner back for extra confort: $2099
- Les Paul Classic : a more affordable Full Size model: $2279
- Les Paul Deluxe with a new mini humbucker design: de $2379 à $2529
- Les Paul Traditional : $2879
- Les Paul Standard with a compound radius fingerboard: $3759
- Les Paul Standard Premium Quilt with abalone and a quilted top: $4999
- Les Paul Supreme with a semi-hollow top, 2 F holes and 2 humbuckers: $6599
- SG Special with 24 frets : $1079
- SG Standard with compound radius: $1879
- Derek Trucks SG : made according to the artist’s specifications : $2399
- SG Standard Bass with short scale : $1679
- Thunderbird Bass with improved electronics and full contact bridge : $2599
- Firebird V with through-body-neck : $2099
More soon at www.gibson.com.