Create an account

or

Thread [Getting started] New Standards

• 4 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 4 followers
1 [Getting started] New Standards
New Standards
In this installment, we'll discuss the consequences of volume on music, sound and human ears.

Read the article

This thread was created automatically after the publishing of an article. Feel free to post your comments here!
Not directly related, but..

What's the program you use in the screenshots to hi-jack audio to toneboosters?
And I've never quite understood how TB EBU Loudness plug-in indicates the dynamic range - could you explain how "loudness range" numbers relate to older "dynamic range", thanks!

Great articles by the way! ;)

[ Post last edited on 09/01/2015 at 14:25:43 ]

:D:
Quote from mgaw:
Not directly related, but..

What's the program you use in the screenshots to hi-jack audio to toneboosters?
And I've never quite understood how TB EBU Loudness plug-in indicates the dynamic range - could you explain how "loudness range" numbers relate to older "dynamic range", thanks!

Great articles by the way! ;)

Thanks for the kind words, mgaw :D:

I reached out to sleepless with your question since I, myself, am not sure of the answer. We'll try and get you an answer ASAP.

In the meantime, see you around on the forums!
Hello CaliMoose (thanks for the alert :) and hello mgaw,

The program I use is AudioHiJack 3.

Answering to your second question would be too long for a simple post in this forum.
But I'll suggest you to have a look on the different papers linked at the end of the article, starting with TC's and Earl Vickers's.

Thanks for your nice comment :)

[ Post last edited on 09/04/2015 at 01:51:07 ]

Super helpful article, would be nice to see an update talking about streaming services and loudness normalization, but thanks for all the tutorials!

Would love to get together if you're in or ever in the So Cal Area!
-Hybrid Studios
https://www.hybridstudiosca.com/mastering/ to see our space, would love to hear your thoughts!