or
Create an account

or

Thread Need mic advice?

• 11 replies
  • 10 participants
  • 4 followers
1 Need mic advice?
My name is Tim, I'm new to the forum and I wanted to offer microphone advice for anyone who needs it. I'm currently the mic guru at Clair Brothers audio, the largest touring sound company in the world, and I wanted to share my talents and knowledge with those of out there who could use them. Just drop me an email or post something here and I would be glad to help.
Show first post
THartranft wrote:
My name is Tim, I'm new to the forum and I wanted to offer microphone advice for anyone who needs it. I'm currently the mic guru at Clair Brothers audio, the largest touring sound company in the world, and I wanted to share my talents and knowledge with those of out there who could use them. Just drop me an email or post something here and I would be glad to help.

Hi Tim

I am looking for some advice on an appropriate microphone for my portable MD recorder (its a SHARP
MD-SR50 if you need to know). I have never owned a MD recorder before and I have little knowledge about the whole recording industry. I want to gain more knowledge so that I can use my MD recorder to record interviews for radio documentaries (and for general focus group research).

My specific questions:
Will my MD recorder be adequate for my recording needs?
Can you recommend a suitable microphone for recording 1:1 interviews and
focus groups (up to 8 people talking in a group)?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give :)

Sam
Hi - I neef advice on best mic for recording human speech from a distance (ie say 3-4 meters). I do understand I need a shotgun mic. I used to use many many years ago an AKG D900e (about 2.5feet long!) which was great. So something like that and modern would be great. I have seen the Rode NTG4+ (has battery inside so do not need phantom power) ---anything similar I could use. I have various machines without phantom power. Thanks microphones-2702928.jpg