or
Create an account

or

Thread Mic suggestions?

• 4 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 5 followers
1 Mic suggestions?
I'm starting to prepare to go into the studio with the band that I play with and was curious as to everyone's mic suggestions for vocals and guitar.  We're a Delta Blues band with a rock edge and I'm looking for a really "rootsy" vintage sound.  I play a National Resophonic with a mini-humbucker, and it's typically overdriven. I've been looking at the Copperphone mics and really dig the vibe that they deliver.  Suggestions?

myspace.com/thedeltasaints

I bought a mic from this site called www.editorskeys.com, have been using it constantly since and its actually amazing, I get perfect vocal recordings every time! Is nice and crisp on its own but also picks up the sound from my guitar really well. I bought the SL300 but they have a cheaper one as well, probably just as good!

Also just bought a pop filter from them too, pretty cheap and works really well with the mic.

Definitely give them a go.

It really depends what kind of budget you are working with...If you are looking for something that is reasonably priced in terms of a condenser mic that sounds really good I would take a look at what Rode has to offer - check out the Rode NT1A as that is a great sounding mic for vocals and other things at a cheap price...Are you talking about acoustic guitar or electric?

I bought a pop filter from this site called www.editorskeys.com, have been using it constantly since and its actually amazing, I get perfect audio recordings every time! Saves me having to use a full vocal booth set up.  Also I managed to pick up this 10% discount code from soundonsound.com I will put it below, think it only lasts another 5 days though

If you are only going to get one microphone, you can't go wrong with the good ole Shure SM57.

Jake Burton

http://www.JakeBurtonMusic.com

http://www.JakeBurtonMusic.com/onlinedrumtracks