Version 8.5 of the UAD Software is now available, featuring new plugins by Brainworx, Softube and Sonnox.
Universal Audio has released three new direct-developer plug-ins for UAD hardware and Apollo interfaces — the Brainworx bx_digital V3 EQ Collection, Sonnox Oxford Envolution, and the Marshall JMP 2203 Guitar Amplifier developed by Softube. All three plug-ins are part of UAD Software v8.5, now available for download at the UA Online Store.
According to UAD and their respective developers, the three new plug-ins have the following key features:
Marshall JMP 2203 Guitar Amplifier Plug-In:
- The world’s only officially licensed plug-in emulation of the classic Marshall JMP 2203 amplifier
- Unison technology for Apollo interfaces claiming to offer "authentic tone, touch, and feel" of the original JMP 2203
- Five virtual microphone options
- 50+ presets designed by AC/DC engineer Tony Platt
Sonnox Oxford Envolution Plug-In:
- Control of key shaping parameters including attack, hold, and release
- Separate and frequency-dependent control of transients and sustain
- Tilt/parametric targeting of frequencies
- Huge gain ranges: Transients ±24 dB; Sustain -48 dB to +24 dB
- Warmth control for harmonic saturation/tone shaping
Brainworx bx_digital V3 EQ Plug-In Collection:
- Mid/Side mastering processor and EQ with expanded feature set
- Extended controls for stereo and Mid/Side panorama, levels, and stereo width
- EQ features extended frequency range, proportional Q bandwidth, and Auto-solo function for critical listening applications
- Revamped Dynamic EQ/De-esser section
- Gain Scale feature for artifact-free alternative to Dry/Wet processing
More details at Universal Audio's website.