Cort will introduce at the NAMM Show 2015 in January the MBC1, Matthew Bellamy’s first commercial model.
The Cort MBC1 was designed, developed and revised by british luthier Manson Guitar Works, in close collaboration with Cort and Muse’s frontman. Manson has been working with Matthew Bellamy for 20 years, his participation in the project is therefore quite logic, as they also provide the pickups.
The MBC1 is based on the Cort MB1-S and includes a discrete Kill button that allows for creating interesting sound effects.
Features of the Cort MBC1 Matthew Bellamy Signature guitar:
- Solid basswood body
- Bolt-on maple neck
- Rosewood fingerboard with 22 frets, compound radius, no inlays
- Nut width: 43mm
- Scale length: 25.5”
- 2 Mason pickup: a single-coil in the neck position and a humbucker in the bridge position
- Master volume and tone knobs, 3-way pickup switch and Kill button
- Adjustable bridge and stop bar tailpiece
- Matching headstock with Matthew Bellamy’s signature and Manson logo on the back
- Chrome hardware
- Matt Black finish
UK price announced by Cort is £499. More info at www.cortguitars.com.