Write a user review or Ask for a user review
8/10

Thread Comments about the review: High Caliber

• 3 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 4 followers
1 Comments about the review: High Caliber
High Caliber
You all know what it's like to finish a mix that sounds amazing on your headphones and then try to show it to your grandma on her hi-fi system, only to discover that it sounds terrible. The mix is completely different: It lacks lows on the chorus but has too much on the verse, the vocals can't be heard. In short, it's awful. Granny is about to disown you...Until Sonarworks comes along to save the day.

Read the article

This thread was created automatically after the publishing of an article. Feel free to post your comments here!
Great review, but i have a question and sorry if it's a silly one:

So from what I understand, this plug-in is meant to be used before even beginning the mixing process? It's a plug-in meant to recalibrate my K702s, for example, to more closely simulate how monitors with a relatively flat frequency response in a treated room sound? Then, after the recalibration, I can more easily produce a mix that'll sound great through a variety of different mediums? Or is it meant to be applied to a completed mix, after-the-fact?

Hopefully someone can clear this up for me

[ Post last edited on 06/19/2015 at 04:20:30 ]

Hey!

The calibration will only affect the output to your headphones (or monitors, if you have calibrated them as well). It will be your mixing decisions, based on calibrated sound, which will make your music translate better.

Hope this helps!
Quote:
The calibration will only affect the output to your headphones (or monitors, if you have calibrated them as well). It will be your mixing decisions, based on calibrated sound, which will make your music translate better.

Thanks for posting the helpful info!