The iconic MPC gets new features and now includes a touchscreen.
Defined by the brand as a "workflow revolution", the new MPC Touch aims at combining the power of a professional-level piece of production gear with the tactile ease of use found on smartphones and tablets. The Touch is powered by a radiant 7" color multi-touch display. Waveforms can literally be grabbed and pinched, and it is possible for users to draw midi events, adjust envelopes, chop samples, add effects and precisely set controls using their fingertips.
Combined with the classic MPC feel, sound and improved pads, the Touch claims to embody the best elements of the MPS series while taking music production tech into the future. The Touch includes over 20,000 sounds from content providers covering several musical styles, including AIR, CR2, Toolroom, MVP Loops, Sonivox and Prime Loops.
- 7" color multi-touch Display
- 16 velocity-sensitive MPC pads with RGB backlighting
- 2-in/2-out audio interface
- Step Sequencer with touch interface
- XYFX control to add effects and adjust sound dynamics in real time
- Phrase Looper, enabling connection of any instrument to create loops
- Pad Mixer for setting levels, stereo panning and adding VST effects
- Sample Edit control, for trimming, chopping and processing samples
- 4 new, performance-ready touch-sensitive controls
- Data Encoder knob, for push-and-twist control of display parameters
- Includes MPC software and over 20,000 sounds
Price not available as of yet. See more at http://www.akaipro.com/product/mpc-touch