JBL Pro was at NAMM to introduce the 2-way M2 passive studio reference monitors designed for mastering.
The M2 monitors employ a new patented JBL D2 dual driver with two voice coils designed to extend the high frequency range up to 40kHz while offering a high output level and low distorsion, and a 2216Nd Differential Drive woofer, with dual neodymium magnet and two voice coils, which also extends the low-end frequency range down to 20Hz.
JBL recommends the use of One Crown iTech 500HD power amp for each speaker, or BSS Soundweb London Processor with Crown Macro-Tech MA-5000i with recommended 1200W into 8 Ohms.
- 2216Nd 15" (381 mm) Differential Drive Woofer
- D2430K Dual Diaphragm Dual Voice Coil Compression Driver
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 40 kHz
- Crossover frequency: 800Hz
- Image Control Waveguide dispersion: 120° H x 100° V
- Sensitivity: 92dB SPL (1W/1m)
- SPL @ 1m: 117dB (continuous) / 123dB (peak) SPL
- Enclosure construction: 25mm MDF
- Finish: Satin Black Lacquer
- Removable ABS Grille
- Dimensions: 508mm x 1256mm x 355.6mm (20in x 49.5in x 14in)
- Weight: 58.5 kg (129 lb)
The M2 master reference monitor will be available during spring of 2013 in stereo and surround sound configurations. Visit www.jblpro.com for a detailed presentation.