Echo Indigo I/O

PCMCIA Soundcard from Echo belonging to the Indigo series

Thread Echo Indigo IO

• 19 replies
  • 5 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Echo Indigo IO
Hello,

I installed an Echo Indigo IO on my Toshiba laptop yesterday, running XP Pro. Installation was fine.

When I tried to play a cd through the system, after about ten seconds, a loud buzz could be heard and the music cut out all together. I re-booted several times, tried various cd's and dvd's with the same result. About five or ten seconds of sound (great quality too) then, cut out or lock up.

I uninstalled and reinstalled a few times with no luck.

Any and all advice gratefully accepted!

Thanks
Show first post
Hello Chris,

I checked the laptop last night and found that I had installed XP with the acpi option. I changed it to Standard PC and . . . guess what?

You're a genius!!! Thank you very much for your time and help.

Mark
Thanks for your reply mark.
About 3 years ago I've exchanged my old atari for a pc.
Well it took me 6 months to figure things out and to kill all those little devils inside the machine :twisted:
Fun fun fun
kind regards
chris at www.tsunamimusic.be
I have a Toshiba and an Echo Indigo IO
My echo locks up my system as soon as I plug it in. When I boot up, windows freezes on the first screen with the bar that scrolls. I think I am running in ACPI at the moment. Would changing to Standard PC fix it? Is there a way to change to Standard without reformatting? I have read that there is, but someone who did found that their performance went way downhill. I've also read that you should stay in ACPI for audio. Any comments appreciated.

musicguyon@hotmail.com

My PC is a Toshiba 1900 Notebook. P4 1.6Ghz, 768MB of Ram
hi,
too change acpi into standard pc;
control panel- device manager- here you can change acpi into standard pc by using right clic etc......
Then it's best too reinstall your soundc. driver and then boot up again.
mostly you don't have to reinstall th OS again.
Acpi better for audio? Most important is that your card has its own IRQ port otherwise conflicts guaranteed.
another thing; OS and vst's on drive C and if XP or 2000, C drive ntfs and the drive where you keep audio and midi FAT 32.
Very important; the soundcard driver has too be compatible with the M.board's chipset.
Everything you don't need for audio! Turn it of.
For 98SE the max ram is 512 mb for XP and 2000 it's advisable too have 1024mb. concerning fx's

regards pax
hi

ive just bought the echo indigo io as well, but sem to be suffering the same problem. It freezes on boot if the card is in, and if inserted afterwards plays loud, but wont recognise ANYTHING internally ie if I stream it will play it, but I cant record the stream.
I'm assuming if I change my laptop (HP pavilion zd7145ea) setings from acpi to non acpi, things wil improve (as per Mark 53), my only question is, how do I do that without reinstalling XP ? Pax, you say go to the device manager and then right click.... but right click and do what ? remove ? theres a lot of things that mention acpi in the device settings do you mean all of them ?
Sorry if the questions sound a bit simple, but I just wanted to be sure before I start deleting/removing things (eg: in device manager -> Computer the only entry is ACPI Multiprocessor PC, theres no option to change this to anything else and I figured I didnt want to remove it;)
any help/pointers very much appreciated.

thanks

tim
Hi,

go to www.musicxp.net/installing_xp.php
You can read it all on this site.
They explain it better than I ever could.
regards
pax
chech- out www.musicxp.net
Thanks for the reference to the XP site. I think the information provided there will be of great value.
here's another one mark.
www.pcmus.com
regards chris pax
Thanks once again Pax. Being an Australian site makes it all the more relevant.