Create an account

or

Thread [Getting started] The Best DAWs

• 15 replies
  • 12 participants
  • 11 followers
1 [Getting started] The Best DAWs
The Best DAWs
The DAW is the heart of modern home studios. A sequencer isn't something you should buy carelessly because it impacts the way you work – the whole process, from the idea to its realization. Here is a brief introduction to the 18 best sequencers on the market, in no particular order of course.

Read the article

This thread was created automatically after the publishing of an article. Feel free to post your comments here!
1º = Sony Media Software Acid ? mmmmmmmmm ok
It's the first on the list, not the first on a podium.
It's been a LONG time since I started arranging and producing music with Pro Tools. A lot of these options weren't even available back then, and I find myself wondering what I would choose if I were starting fresh today, like so many guys are. Anyway, it's nice to have this laundry list of options for those who are preparing to take the plunge - what a confusing bunch of options if you don't have someone you trust to kibitz!
Hello,
 found this post very helpful this MR. Teignos has written a very well thought out article. Im not sure if any ones aware of this but I thought I share my experiences and what has worked for me. I can speak from experience I was an amateur just a few months ago and starting up was very daunting but the software.Then I did some research online , and found a program that was really good and pretty intuitive software I became pretty decent in a few days. 
Which is most important to me for beginners is ease of use. The program that I used was actually a really good entry level software you can make samples, and it generates a solid sound.  I wasn't expecting it to be so great but it really surprised me. Works very well for my midi controller and pads.. (MPK 25) I bought it from this website here http://makemagicmusic.net/ . I used them as a beginner and still use today,anyways hope this helps someone some how. Again great article. Thanks for putting together .. INTRESTING TO SEE WHAT OTHER USE
best wishes,

World Peace.

Glad you found the article helpful. Thanks for your input.
The Cakewalk is no more owned by Roland but Gibson.
Quote from milan.palicka.3:
The Cakewalk is no more owned by Roland but Gibson.

Cakewalk was purchased by Gibson on September 26th 2013. This article was posted on May 27th, 2013....

http://m.memegen.com/sjua07.jpg
Cubase at 2. I realy loved cubase/nuendo but they messed things up by releasing version 7.
The new mixer window is black!

Now i use mixbus by harisson consoles

It's not about what you got to use ....    but how you use what you got...

Quote:
Now i use mixbus by harisson consoles

Interesting. How do you like it, and what made you choose it over other DAWs? Was it the "old-school" console vibe it has?