or
Create an account

or

Thread [Getting started] How to tell when a mix is done?

• 2 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 2 followers
1 [Getting started] How to tell when a mix is done?
How to tell when a mix is done?
Today I'll try to answer a question seldom addressed on the web, but which nevertheless is crucial: how to know when to call it quits...?

Read the article

This thread was created automatically after the publishing of an article. Feel free to post your comments here!
Wow! It's as though you climbed into my brain to write this. A huge problem with me. I was especially blessed when you shared your experiences with not feeling like your mix was adequate for your clients.... yet...they were totally satisfied with it. I have experienced the very same thing as I wrestled with whether to believe them or not when they raved over it. I know it isn't perfect...but in the end they were happy and that's what counts. This is a great article. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to future posts.

Quigley James
I have two steps I go through to determine when enough is enough:
1. I listen to the song on my monitors, open back headphones, our house stereo and then in my vehicle. If I'm satisfied and can't come up with any needed corrections I go to step 2.
2. I have three friend who's ears I trust. One is a home recording artist himself. The second is a real audio nut with over 2,000 CDs and I don't know how much vinyl. The third (don't laugh) is our band drummer. They almost always pick up on something I missed.
Once those tests are passed it's time to press save and move on to the next project.